Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10, 2009-Today is Mother's Day

Today, I have received lots of Mother's Day wishes. It's a beautiful sunny day making Mother's Day even better. When I began researching genealogy and my family's history, I wanted to learn more about the women in the family. Traditionally, its much easier to learn about the men in the family. Learning about the women has been a great challenge. In honor of the Mothers in my family, I would like to give you their names. Some I know and love and others I haven't known, but have an understanding of their contribution to their family.

Naomi Harris Bonner-my Mother
Mary Alexander Harris- Maternal grandmother
Louella Palmer Bonner-my Step Mother
Doris Monroe Brown- Mother in Law
Eula Inez Bonner- Paternal grandmother

Mattie Hurst Alexander-Maternal great grandmother
Laura Griffith Manning- Paternal great grandmother
Minnie Todd Harris-Maternal great grandmother
Edna Bridwell Bonner-Paternal great grandmother

Matilda Leflore Manning-Paternal great, great grandmother
Amanda Mallow Griffith-Paternal great, great grandmother
Nancy McNeese Todd-Maternal great, great, grandmother
Analiza Alexander-Maternal great, great, grandmother
Margaret Guest Hurst-Maternal great, great grandmother
Grandmother Harris-Paternal great, great grandmother
Grandmother Bridwell-Paternal great, great grandmother
Grandmother Bonner-Maternal great, great grandmother

I could go on because I have learned about many of my grandmothers from other generations.
I think I will stop here so I can acknowledge all the Mothers and Grandmothers in my family for their contributions to their own family and the sacrifices they made.

No comments: