Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bonnar Death Certificates

I recently received the death certificates of Margaret Bonnar Pond, Robert Nelson Bonnar and Robert Douglas Bonnar. They reveal that Margaret and Robert Nelson Bonnar were the children of James Bonnar and Margaret Chambers, rather than Chalmers. James and Margaret were born in Ireland, according to the certificates and as the census revealed.

Robert Douglas Bonnar was noted to be the son of Henry Bonnar and Amanda Pond rather than Amanda Horne. Amanda Pond was the sister of Henry David Pond who married Margaret Bonnar. I was happy to get the verification of the parents Robert Douglas because some sources that I have referenced stated that he was the son of James and Margaret Bonnar. In fact, the plat maps for the property lot #31 show R. D. Bonnar as the owner and the land patents have R.D. Bonnar. That is either an error in penmanship or Robert Douglas Bonnar was the person who owned and sold the Bonnar homestead in 1911.

Now I can proceed to write about the family of Robert Nelson Bonnar, the son of James and Margaret. I have waited until I received the death certificates to know that he was the son of James and Margaret and the brother of my great grandfather, Thomas Henry Bonner. So, as I continue to research Robert Nelson, I will add that to this blog. Fortunately, I have made contact with some descendants of his and have better information than I had previously.

Any reader who might want a copy of these three death certificates, just let me know. I am very happy to share them. Now, if only I could find a death certificate for my great grandfather, Thomas Henry Bonner, that would be an accomplishment.

No comments: