Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Ross Bonner




Today is the 90th birthday of my Uncle Ross Bonner. He is best known as Buddy Bonner. He was born in Caddo, Bryan county, Oklahoma. His parents were Ross Bonner and Eula Manning Bonner. Uncle Buddy has always been an inspiration to me. He is a real family man and has always looked out for his children and other family members, like me. Buddy was in the Marines and served in WWII. He received numerous medals, including the Purple Heart for his service in Tarawa. He decorates his room in his retirement home with lots of family photos and memorabalia from the Marine Corp. Since I didn't really know the meaning of Semper Fi, I looked it up. I learned that it means, "Always Faithful". That fits Uncle Buddy perfectly. He is a faithful Marine and an extremely faithful family member. Happy Birthday Buddy!!!
































































No comments: